Camp Invention is a one-week summer STEM, 1-6 grade enrichment program that will be hosted at Berney Elementary July 11-15. Camp Invention offers a high school volunteer internship where students can earn 40 service hours for participating in an educational webinar ahead and assisting the teachers with the program week to foster leadership skills and gain experience with inquiry, problem-based learning models. For more information and to indicate interest visit: https://www.invent.org/
Contact Mary Burt at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or to sign up!
Benefits of the program:
- Closely mentor and inspire elementary children to be creative and foster leadership skills to strengthen college and career resumes
- Earn Community Service hours for high school requirements and to strengthen college applications.
- Gain valuable knowledge about Intellectual Property Literacy guided by US Patent and Trademark Office via an online webinar
- Gain practical experience with inquiry-problem based, open-ended blended learning models.
- Learn entrepreneurial concepts through the stories of the greatest innovators in the National Inventors Hall of Fame
- Receive a letter of recognition provided by the US Patent Office stating 40 honor service hours earned