Career Center located in the Wa-Hi Library.
The Career Center is here to help you:
● choose volunteer opportunities
● explore and plan for work, job training or college degrees
● create your personalized pathway in preparation for graduation
● get career information that fits you
● find scholarships
Contact Information: Ms. Claircy Clizer
Let’s Talk !
If I miss you, leave a note on the clipboard by my office door or e-mail me to set an appointment and I'll get back to you. Thanks! Claircy Clizer
Career Center Hours
Monday 11:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Tuesday 11:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Wednesday at SEATech Skills Center
Thursday 11:30 – 3:30 p.m.
Friday 12:30 – 3:30 p.m
Providing Career Resources for Wa-Hi Students
Click each heading below for more information.
Career Search & Exploration
- Survey and inventory your strengths and talents.
- Set up a job shadow or research interview with a professional in our community.
- Get information on what you need to prepare for your career choices.
Career Preparation in High School
- Explore class electives and projects for career connections.
- Find Ideas for involvement at school and in our community.
- Look for Volunteer Opportunities.
- Prepare for part-time work, internships, travel or student exchange.
- Register for tests: ACT or SAT , or ASVAB for U.S. Military options.
Job Search & Skills
- Complete your job application and get interview tips.
- Create a resumé, cover letter or digital presentation.
- Connect with an organization/company or event in your career interest area.
After Graduation Career Paths
- Earn Specialty Certificate (usually 9 months - 2 years of specific skill training)
- Apprenticeship in Industry (training time varies by trade)
- 2 or 4 Year College (earn a degree in specific subject area)
- Join the U.S. Military (job training and education)
- Gap Year – Make it Count!
- Get a Job
Financial Aid & Scholarships
- Scholarship Announcements
- Senior Year
- Community Service Documentation Summary
- Special Programs and Summer Opportunities
- More Information and Links to College and Career Sites
Do your best in your classes - it's the best preparation to the next step!