If you're thinking about participating in sports in college, here are some helpful things to know!
• The WW Sub Shop and many other places in town are hiring - keep your eyes open!
• The City of Walla Walla is hiring for their summer pool staff (they offer lifeguarding in May if you need it).
Talk to Parks & Rec if you're interested.
• There are places hiring and as our town gets ready for summer and all the harvest, visitors, and kids with free time that entails. If you don't have a food worker's card and you want to work in a place that serves food, you can get it here: https://www.foodworkercard.wa.gov/
• If you don't have an up to date resume, make one. You will want it to be one page and with clear formatting and no typos. SEATech's resume workshop powerpoint can be viewed here. Once you have a resume, you'll be more able to respond when people want to know more about you. You can also drop them off at places you're interested in and
ask to meet the manager. (This is a time when it's good to talk to strangers).
Here is a sample resume you can emulate.
• There are lots of cool summer programs around the world available in my office! Come learn about them.
Is College not your thing?Come talk to me about Job Corp or Apprenticeship!